Wednesday, June 6, 2012

hot gold & leather (happy accident)

This hot foil stamped book was a gift for  the amazing Abraham Hawkins. Godpseed, and thank you for the huge box of book supplies!



The leather circle was the result of a happy accident, which led to Gavin showing me how to put leather onto a cover. I love this and I want it on everything from now on. We did an outline of black foil stamping around it to press the leather in and really make the circle pop and the lines really crisp and clean. I also got to learn how to hot foil stamp an A (top first, then bottom without really any sideways pressure). I also learned that a little sawdust can be worked into glue to even out any scratches or kinks on a surface before being covered, as was the case with the leather circle. 

No comments:

Post a Comment